Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Running and Baby Thoughts

So the Moab Half was this last weekend again. I will post some pictures later on... I always love doing this Race every year, it is just so beautiful, and so much fun to get away. This year... the training just DID NOT HAPPEN. I mean really, it was almost non-existent. I just kept getting sick, I was tired, and I just could not find the motivation to move. I have also been trying to get pregnant for a while, so I gained a little weight to see if it would help me get preg. It hasn't, so I think I am done with that theory...unless my doctor tells me otherwise of course. The half this year was my worst time to date, but like last time, I only had to stop and potty once... and with my potty record in the past (5 times +), that is great! I honestly think I can overcome this runners potty issue and not have to stop at all! Seriously! I know I can do it! I am so excited to sign up for another race and get an awesome time... with no potty stops! It will be great to see what I can really just go out and run. But the most important thing to me right now is being able to have a baby, so I will do whatever my doctor asks me to do to make this happen for us! Even if it means giving up running for the time being (which I doubt it will be completely giving it up..)
I'm so excited to start a family, Josh and I are nervous about being parents... but we are ready for it too, and really want a baby of our own. I feel it will happen for us soon, at least I am really hopeful that it will. I am also looking forward to running running running! I don't want anything to hold me back in the future... never again will I try to get away with not training for an event, and I really feel I can get away with no more potty stops! It just slows me down and cramps me up! What are your opinions on runners who potty in their pants??? ha ha...

3 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I basically suck at running, so I don't have a lot of advise for you!! And as far as the baby thoughts - keep praying and hoping! I'm sure that you and Josh will be blessed with a bundle soon. And you will make fabulous parents!

Andree and Josh said...

Thanks Mandy! If I'm anywhere close to as good as you, I will be!

Unknown said...

Running and I for long periods of time have never really got along very well. I ended that relationship before it even really had a chance;)Props to you though, I think it's fabulous! As far as a baby goes like Many said keep praying. It seems when you do that things always work out, usually better then you could've imagined! Good Luck!!