Okay so this was seriously the most amazingly beautiful hike that I have ever been on! After work on Saturday we went up Little Cottonwood Canyon with Rachael and Trevor to hike! We had no idea how long this hike would take, so we didn't bring quite enough water! Next time for sure! This hike was not for the faint of heart, it was pretty difficult and quite painful, especially after already being on my feet all day! But it was oh so worth it! Every step was picturesque!

We saw some wildlife that I have never seen before. These little grouse were all over this meadow. Josh tried to scare some out, but they don't scare easily!
I saw this flower about half way. It was all alone. When we got to the Lake, it was surrounded with these flowers.
Josh and Trevor were so excited to see snow! There was this big, dirty patch at the top of the mountain. We stopped so they could play in it for a bit.
Finally we reached the Lake! Josh and I went around a switchback and didn't see it at first. Both our hearts sank because we were exhausted, but just a few more steps and this was our view!
Granite Rocks lined the whole trail up. Giant boulders were at the top by the lake. You can see the giant nail someone used to break up this rock. Pretty cool!

Those little white spots are a herd of Mountain Goats! They were hanging out, grazing on the other side of the Lake. I was blown away! I wish I had a bigger lens!





1 comment:
Those pics are beautiful. It looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment