Thursday, March 24, 2011

What to do??

It looks like someone was messing with my account the other day. I got a comment on yesterday's post from someone I did not know, and when I tried to log into my account at work today, it said that my blog had been removed!! I freaked! Fortunately, I was able to recover it, and blogger said that my account had detected suspicious activity... I'm just not sure what to do now, I changed my password of course, but I really don't want to make my blog completely private... cause that just gets annoying... But what do you all suggest that I do. Is there anything you have done to add extra protection to your blog without making it private??

3 comments:

wendy said...

Andree, I checked out your blog spot today and read about it getting hacked into. I had that happen to my email address and so I had to get a completly new email address and change my password. I know that I am probably getting so many emails to my old one but I cant even get in. I am sorry that it happened to you, and you wonder how it can happen. Sorry but I am glad that I can read about what is going on with you two because I feel like I dont get to see you often enough.
I also want to let you know it is fun to see Kaceys Blog and the things she has to say. I cant wait to see what she says next.
I love you!!
Wendy ( Mom )

Bonecrusher said...

A good portion of what I do professionally has to do with IT security. I think you are fine with keeping the blog, and keeping it public if that is what you want to do. The key is to change your password often (every 90 days at a minimum) and make it something difficult. Make sure it is at least 8 characters long, with capital and lower case letters, one number and at least one character (i.e. !@#$%^& or *). I would not have it spell a word, either. Make it something random (but make sure you can remember it!).

Yep, I'm a dork and to most people my job is about as boring as it gets. Good luck!

Andree and Josh said...

Does anyone have any idea who this "Bonecrusher" is?? Besides the fact that he is a man... and he is 40? Seriously!