Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Time is here... and the SNOW too!

Christmas Morning! Ahh!
Love my presents!
Josh does too!

The Night Before Christmas

A small taste of the dreaded snow!

Christmas Eve at the Grandparents!







Well what a snowstorm it has been! It was really beautiful but it has been such a nightmare for us! I'm going to start with my not so fun story first and end with the sweet spirit of Christmas! Where to begin... yesterday when Josh and I woke up to the wind, we were shocked to find that the horizontal snow had completely frozen up our windows! We got ready and opened our presents. It was so much fun. Josh got me new running shoes and a new little ipod nano that came with the Nike+ gear. So my running shoes are now connected to my ipod! You can keep track of all your workouts, times, miles, etc, and you can make playlists that go to the beat of your running speed, and much more! It is pretty awesome! He also got me one of my favorite movies, Mars Attacks! That show is so hilarious! I also got some really cute cloths! I was so excited. I got him some cloths, a U sweatshirt, a book, some music, his favorite cologne, and an awesome gaming chair that you connect with your player and TV. It has a sub woofer and speakers on the side. His parents also bought us some cute cloths, I got one of my favorite perfumes, and they got us the wireless system for our surround sound! It was awesome! After we opened our presents we started heading over to my parents for Christmas Breakfast! We got just outside the complex and went about 30 feet down the road before we were stuck stuck stuck! There was about 5 other cars stuck as well. It was insane. You would step outside for 5 seconds and your cloths were soaked through! It was also a complete white out so you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you! We tried and tried to move my car with no luck. We called my brother to come pick us up and managed to get my car on the sidewalk. We figured it would be the safest place for it and it wouldn't be in the way of the plows. We had a good breakfast, opened some presents from my parents, got a lot of money and books and candy! We had to hurry to Josh's dads to talk to Jordan, which was great! Then we stopped by Josh's moms to open presents. I got the cutest cloths! (Thanks parents for the great gifts!) So we rushed home to pick up my car because it looked like the snow had finally settled. My car was gone! We asked neighbors and they didn't know exactly who took it! After knocking on a couple door we found out that WJ police called Kearns Towing to pick it up because it was "in the way of the plows", which is a complete lie! We called Kearns Towing and they told us that it would be over 400 dollars to pick it up that day! Outrageous! The woman on the phone told us that we could pick it up tomorrow for 338.00 plus a 15.00 charge for holding it. So I had Ray cover my shift at work to go pick up the car. That night it started snowing again, and it would not stop! Josh went home early to go to bed because he had to get up a 3 am for work. I stayed with my family and we played games for a while. Josh and I were really upset and I needed to get my mind off it for a bit. Later when I went home (my brother dropped my off), there was massive amounts of snow everywhere...again! Josh's car was covered in about 3 feet of snow. So I grabbed the shovel out and started digging. I made a path for him from our front door to his car and cleared around his car. I was exhausted and freezing! After taking a warm shower I crawled into bed. Our community is "maintenance free" so we have guys show up about 1 or two to shovel the walks. The other night they were so loud talking outside of our house. It was the same thing last night, but even worse. I looked out the window about 1:30 am and there were three people shoveling our driveway, talking talking away. I just tried to sleep, Josh got up for work at 3, struggled getting to work, and about 4 am those guys were still in my driveway talking like it was daytime! I looked out the window, and the driveway was barely half done! Plus none of my neighbors driveways were done! What on earth have they been doing. Our community pays these guys a lot of money hourly, and I know they are slackers! I opened the my patio door and said "I know this is an awesome place to hang out, but this is my home and you guys have been out here for over two hours talking really loud, and you haven't even finished this driveway!" One of the guys attempted to say sorry but was cut off by the other jerk who said " There is eight inches of snow out here, do you think you could do it?'' I was out there earlier doing just that, plus that is there job, they weren't doing any favors. I said "Yes I could do it by myself in a quarter of the time you guys are taking, but you just need to be Quiet!!" They walked away leaving a big pile of snow of the driveway! I was so fired up! I called Josh and told him what happened! How dare they! I heard them several hours later shoveling the snow, no longer talking, which was good. We are calling community solutions to complain because I know they are taking advantage of us all by wasting time. Taking more than two hours to shovel one driveway with several people is unacceptable, but more so is the complete disregard for the residents who are trying so hard to SLEEP! I had a rough night! My brother came to pick me up in the morning to go pick up my car. After struggling to find they place, we found my car buried in 3+ feet of snow. We went to the office and there was nobody there. Ian and I started digging the car out. The guy finally showed up, and told us that it would be $413.00! I said we were quoted a much different price yesterday. He called the management to see what he could do, which was nothing. I asked for the number and called the owner who Josh spoke to yesterday, and she denied ever saying that price and said that the total was now 418.00. Some how she managed to raise it five dollars! Josh had written down all the info yesterday, plus her name. She was a huge lier! I couldn't believe it! My brother talked to her very kindly trying to get her to keep her word, with no such luck. He told her, look we are going to pay the fee, but you have lost several customs for this. Can you even believe it! I was so angry... again! Never count on the goodness of people because they will take advantage of you. So I am asking you all to boycott Kearns Towing! Oh what a nightmare! But Josh and I have been praying a trying to have a good attitude about everything. Life can bite you in the butt sometimes. But we really enjoyed spending this time with our families this year. We had a great Christmas Eve at my Grandparents with all my family, and later at our home with both of our families. Christmas was really great, and we have really been blessed this year with so many things! I'm thankful to my heavenly father for keeping us healthy and safe, and I do know that he is watching out for us! Thank you so much mom and dad for helping us out! Thank you Ian for all the hard work you have done for us! I love you all very much! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is such a bummer! The snow was insane!

Toomey Family said...

I will boycott Kearns Towing for you...not that it helps all the way over her...but dang I'm so mad at them! I can't believe they treated you guys this way...On CHRISTMAS for real come on!
On a different note: It looks like you enjoyed the Christmas holiday with family and had a great time.